We’re COVID19 prepared. Find out more here

We’re COVID19 prepared. Find out more here



  • How do you exit the building in a fire situation or process for being trapped in a lift?
  • It is a requirement in NSW that a fire and safety evacuation plan is posted publicly in all new buildings. Each tenant will have an individual evacuation plan tailored to their situation.

  • How do you show us you have a confirmed long term housing solution?
  • You’ll need to give us evidence your long term housing solution is confirmed. We can’t fund Medium Term Accommodation without evidence you have somewhere to move into.
    Some examples of evidence you can provide include:

     a tenancy agreement offer from a Specialist Disability Accommodation provider. The property may not be available yet, but the provider has offered you a vacancy. You’ll need to know the estimated date you’ll move in

     a letter from a service provider confirming an offer of accommodation and support. You’ll need an estimated date of when you can move in and start receiving these supports

     evidence of approved modifications to your home or rental property, including an estimated date for completion.

  • How do you use NDIS funding?
  • You can use your NDIS funding to pay for a variety of support and care services. Each plan is budgeted based on individual needs and goals.

    Support and care services for eligible NDIS participants fall into three categories:

    • Core: Support that helps a participant complete daily activities
    • Capital: Support for an investment, such as assistive technologies, equipment and home or vehicle modifications, or funding for capital costs
    • Capacity building: Support that helps a participant build their independence and skills
  • How does the NDIS work?
  • To help you navigate the process with ease, here’s a step-by-step guide to access the NDIS ensuring you achieve your goals.

    Check whether you’re eligible for NDIS funding.

    If eligible, apply for NDIS over the phone or by submitting a form.

    You will be assigned a Local Area Coordinator who will work with you to develop your individual plan based on what you’d like to achieve, how you will achieve it and how you will be supported.

    Once it is approved by the NDIS, you will receive your plan through the NDIS online portal (myplace) and notified in person or by mail.

    You and your Local Area Coordinator will use myplace, NDIS local advertising or recommendations to choose the right NDIS provider for you. Please note: You can have several different NDIS providers for your different funded supports.

    Choose the right NDIS provider for you and set up a Service Agreement to outline how you will work together. At CRT Program, we come to you and work together to create a personalised support plan and help you get the most out of your NDIS plan.

    Start receiving your services and supports using your NDIS plan. At CRT Program, we have regular reviews with you to ensure you’re on track to meet your goals and offer free detailed progress updates to your family and carers upon request.

    Review your NDIS plan to continue service.

    If you join CRT, we offer free assistance with your NDIS plan review. Call 1300 422 111 and speak with an NDIS specialist today.

  • How does the process to move into a CRT Program SDA Apartment work?
  • If you choose to live in an SDA property with another person or other people who do not have SDA funding, you need to:

    Let your NDIS planner know who you would like to live with, in writing

    Let the person or people you choose to live with know that they need to pay rent to the SDA Housing Provider
    Set up a meeting with yourself, the person you want to live with and the SDA provider about how much the person living with you needs to pay. Make sure this works for you and them.

    The amount of rent to be paid may be similar to the standard rental rates in the area of the SDA property.

    The SDA funding in your NDIS plan is used to pay the SDA provider for you to live in the SDA property.

    KEY Person you want to live with You SDA housing provider

    2. A person’s wellbeing and social relationships are considered for SDA eligibility One of the pathways of eligibility for SDA is that you need to have an ‘extreme functional impairment’ in mobility, self-care and/or self-management. In addition to functional capacity, the new rules now include a person’s wellbeing and interpersonal and social relationships and how this affects a person’s function.

    This means that your NDIS planner will consider the connection and relationships you have in your community or you would like to have in your community as part of their decision making.

    3. More than 5 people can live in an SDA property, as long as all the people are from the same family The previous SDA rules meant that an SDA property could not have more than 5 people living in it. This change means that families with more than 5 people can now live in an SDA property together. For example, siblings can now share a room where appropriate.

    4. A person can choose who they want their Supported Independent Living (SIL) provider to be. This decision cannot be made by the SDA Provider This new rule stops SDA Housing Providers and SIL Providers from exclusively working together and means that you can choose who you want your SIL provider to be, no matter who the SDA Housing Provider is.
    If you share your SDA property with other people who have SDA funding in their NDIS plan, you can make this decision together.

    5. The NDIA are responsible for the enrolment of a building as an SDA property The previous SDA rules meant that if a Housing Provider wanted to enrol their dwelling as SDA, this had to be done through the NDIS Quality and safeguards Commission. The new SDA rules say that a Housing Provider now needs to enrol their dwelling as an SDA through the NDIA.

  • How long is a typical stay?
  • There is no ‘typical stay’. Everyone will have different needs and goals, so the length of every stay will vary. However, we do not offer a permanent resident stay; our maximum length of stay is 28 days.

    Guests can come to CRT at any stage—while in hospital for weekend leave, for short stays or for rest and relaxation once living in the community. If on leave from hospital, guests will need to discuss the possibility of staying at CRT beforehand with their Social Worker.

  • How much do we fund for Medium Term Accommodation and how does it work?
  • Medium Term Accommodation funding doesn’t include the personal care supports you may need during your stay. It also doesn’t include day-to-day living costs like food, internet or electricity.

    You can use the funding already in your plan while you stay in Medium Term Accommodation. You might use it for other supports you need during your stay. For example, you can still use your funding for personal care supports in your Medium Term Accommodation.

    We’ll also talk to you about any additional supports you might need that aren’t in your current plan while you’re staying in Medium Term Accommodation.

    16 March 2021 OG – Medium Term Accommodation Page 6 of 8

    This document is correct at the date of publication. Always visit ourguidelines.ndis.gov.au for the latest version.

    If they are reasonable and necessary, we may fund:

     assistive technology

     extra support you need during this time

     or support to help you move into Medium Term Accommodation.

  • How much is Medium Term Accommodation?
  • Check out the NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits for the daily rates we’ll include in your plan for Medium Term Accommodation. When you use Medium Term Accommodation, you or your provider can claim the cost of your accommodation up to this amount.

    Remember, Medium Term Accommodation covers the accommodation costs of where you stay. You’ll still need to pay for other things like your food, telephone and other bills as usual

  • How NDIS pricing work?
  • The NDIS allocations range from $44.61 per hour depending on the type of support service you require and the state you live in.

    The NDIS price guide is updated annually by the NDIA (National Disability Insurance Agency), effective from July 1st each year. The most up to date NDIS price guides can be found here

  • How to apply for NDIS?
  • To apply for NDIS, you must meet the eligibility criteria and make an Access Request to NDIA:

    1. Meet the eligibility criteria

    2. Make an Access Request to NDIA

    There are three ways in which you can make an Access Request to NDIA:

    Option 1: Call them on 1800 800 110 and ask to make an Access Request

    Option 2.: Complete and submit your Access Request Form and email it to NAT@ndis.gov.au

    Option 3: Contact your local LAC or NDIA office

  • How you can help me?
  • The CRT Program continues to raise funds to assist those who are unable to fund a stay at CRT . Fundraising also helps us purchase much needed equipment to broaden the activities and opportunities at our centre. You can make a real impact on someone’s life by supporting the CRT Program. Some of the ways our donors are able to help the Foundation’s work are by:

    • Funding a stay for a guest or family in need of assistance
    • Supporting visitors to enjoy participation in programs and activities during a stay
    • Working with the Foundation to develop essential additional programs for guests and guest groups
    • Purchasing much needed equipment for the use of guests during their stay
    • Providing employment training and opportunities for those with a spinal cord injury.
  • I am a quadriplegic requiring a ventilator, can I stay at CRT ?
  • Yes. CRT Program welcomes guests with quadriplegia requiring ventilation. Our staff however are not trained to operate ventilators so guests must come with their own carers. Please note that oxygen is not available onsite. If oxygen is required it must be brought by the guest. If using an Oxygen Concentrator, please contact us to discuss whether your support requirements are able to be met.

  • I don’t qualify for SDA, how do I get accessible housing?
  • If you have an NDIS Plan, but don’t meet the requirements for SDA/Informing Housing Solutions, you can still get help with housing. If you require home modifications to your existing home, you can talk to your planner or LAC about what you need. You can also ask your planner or LAC about how to get some assistance about exploring your housing options.
    People who live in areas that haven’t yet transitioned to the NDIS should use their existing supports to explore housing, or find a housing worker through a local agency to help them.

  • Is CRT Program a Registered NDIS Provider?
  • We’re a Registered NDIS Provider who provide customised NDIS support for eligible participants across the country. CRT a lot of experience as one of Australia’s largest healthCare solutions providers. We tailor support and ensure you get the most out of your NDIS plan through disability and in-home support services based on your goals, needs and lifestyle.

  • Is food provided at CRT?
  • CRT does not have an onsite restaurant, however eating out, ordering in and bring your own options can all easily be arranged.

    Eat in: The resort is located near a wide variety of accessible local cafes, restaurants and bars. The iPad in each room contains a link to a website that lists all the local eateries and their accessibility details.

    Order in: If you prefer to ‘eat in’, we have a beautiful common kitchen and dining area where guests are welcome to cook and/or eat together. Of course, we also have fully equipped kitchenettes in all rooms.

    To order in, we are serviced locally by both UberEats and Menulog. Both these services can deliver food directly to your room.

    Bring your own: Alternatively, you may like to bring your own food or purchase some once you are here. There is an accessible IGA across the road and our guest attendants can assist you if required.

    You can also organise to have your groceries delivered by ordering through Coles Online. Our guest attendants can unpack your groceries in your room, ready for your arrival.

  • Is Medium Term Accommodation a day-to-day living cost?
  • Medium Term Accommodation funding supports you to move into your long term housing solution. It generally covers accommodation costs for up to 90 days. This is a temporary and extra cost you have due to your disability support needs. 2 Long term rent is a day-to-day living cost.
    3 We can’t fund Medium Term Accommodation as a long term home and living cost.

  • Is Medium Term Accommodation best funded by the NDIS?
  • For some home and living supports it might be better for another support service to fund it.8 For example, your state or territory might fund some short and medium term housing options.

    We’ll check if another support service could fund Medium Term Accommodation for you. We can’t fund Medium Term Accommodation if another service already funds it.

  • Is Medium Term Accommodation effective and beneficial for you?
  • We’ll also check that Medium Term Accommodation is right for you and your disability support needs.6 We think about whether Medium Term Accommodation will achieve what you need it to. We’ll think about if it’s the best option to help you pursue your goals.

  • Is Medium Term Accommodation reasonable and necessary for you?
  • Like all supports, Medium Term Accommodation must meet our reasonable and necessary criteria. Here’s how we use the criteria to make decisions about Medium Term Accommodation.

  • Is Medium Term Accommodation related to your disability?
  • We can only fund Medium Term Accommodation if you need it because of your disability.1 That is, because of your disability, you need somewhere to live while you wait for your disability supports. When these disability supports are ready you can move into your long term accommodation.

    For example, because of your disability, you can’t live in your current home safely until home modifications are finished.

1 2 3 4 5 6