Short Term Accommodation (also known as STA) is a transitional accommodation for NDIS participants who need to live out of home for a short period or for respite. The NDIS funds Short Term Accommodation for eligible participants for up to 28 days. It can be used in the following circumstances:
● As respite for yourself or your careers
● A place to try new things, to make new friends and build new skills
● Participants whose personal safety and wellbeing is at risk such as a breakdown in the home, abuse, homelessness, change of circumstances etc
● De-stress and recharge
● Increase independence
● Personal care
● Activities such as learning new skills, hobbies or social events
● One-on-one short-term care where you are paired up with a support worker that suits your particular needs. This can be spent in your home or out in the community participating in local activities including camps.
● Group short-term options match your needs with other people who may have similar needs and interests and enjoy participating in a group respite activity.
● Overnight or weekend facility-based support.
Like with any support, the NDIS will fund STA if it relates to one of your goals outlined in your NDIS Plan. These goals might be 'preparing to live independently', 'learning new life skills', or 'making new friends'. You will need to provide any evidence that makes it easier for the NDIS to understand why it’s reasonable and necessary for you to receive STA.
This could include formal documentation from an Occupational Therapist or other professional, as well as a letter from the people providing informal supports, explaining why they (and you) would benefit from a break.
Our dedicated team at CRT PROGRAM is determined to help you in living as independently as you can.
We work with you every step of the way to get you closer to finding the best possible supported accommodation option to achieve your NDIS goals.
And, transitional accommodation isn’t just about receiving supports and medical care; it’s also a great opportunity to maintain or improve your independence as you plan for your future. At CRT Program, we offer many opportunities for capacity building and making new friends while accessing short term and medium term accommodation.
● With our own Registered Training Organization (RTO) we offer vocational courses like computer skills and office skills
● Capacity building programs to help you feel more confident and capable at daily living
● An opportunity to learn new skills and try new hobbies
● Assist with work experience and job placements
● The CRT Vision solution video conferencing and diagnostics for telehealth so you can receive treatment from the comfort of your home.
● An opportunity to receive support in your local community rather than an aged care facility or hospital ward, keeping you connected to their loved ones and pre-existing care networks
● Leisure activities you can choose to take part in, including special lunches, concerts, cooking classes and movies
● A range of cultural and religious activities
● A safe and vibrant community where you can make new friends if you choose
● An opportunity to work towards your personal goals on your NDIS plan
18-20 Louis Street, Granville NSW 2142
280 Merrylands Road, Merrylands NSW 2160
Beautifully styled security apartment that will suit those wanting to be close to everything. Inclusive of a video security intercom, the private residence offers a generous combination of indoor and outdoor living from a large air-conditioned living area with gas heating outlets opening to an ample covered entertaining balcony, plus two generous bedrooms both with built-in robes including a master with a private ensuite bathroom.
Featuring a lovely main bathroom plus a convenient guest powder room, nothing has been missed in a home with the lot including an internal laundry, chic gas kitchen with stainless steel appliances plus a lock-up garage.
Manchester Dr, Schofields NSW 2762
17-19 Jenkins Road, Carlingford NSW 2118
Parkton secure apartments is stylish, inspiring and kissed by sunlight from all angles and only seven minutes from Carlingford station. Live within your own community and be close to transport, retail shops, schools and universities. Architecturally designed and full of quality furnishings, Parkton is the epitome of style that blends modern interiors with natural landscape gardens just downstairs. It has sweeping views in every direction. Inside, designers have equipped your new home with superior finishes, subtle colour palettes and clever floor plans which come together to make open plan living feel even bigger.
7-9 Durham Street, Mt Druitt NSW 2770
In a perfect location only 800m to the station and shopping centre, these spacious modern units offer the complete package. With 2 bedrooms, main with ensuite and both with built ins, spacious open plan design for comfortable living, good size balcony, security parking with one car space. Featuring gas cooking, stone benchtops, air conditioning and quality finishes, and in a popular and central location.
172-184 Great Western Highway, Westmead NSW 2145
315 Merrylands Rd Merrylands Nsw 2160
2 Seven Hills Road, Baulkham Hills NSW 2153